HONOUR ~ GROW ~ PROCLAIM
Jesus Christ honoured as Creator, Lord, and Saviour by every person in the Albion Park region and beyond.
The members of APAC growing in faith in Jesus and in love for and service of each other.
The members of APAC proclaiming Jesus to the people around us.
Who we want to be and what we want to do
ADORE – PRAYER, ACTION, COMMUNITY
Adore and worship our God. This will transform us to be:
Committed to prayer.
Committed to putting the gospel into action in word and deed.
Accepting, encouraging and supporting one another as a community of believers (as the church)
These are foundational truths and determine who we are and what we do
Our values flow from our identity in Jesus Christ:
- ➢ We are created in God’s image.
- ➢ We have rejected God’s Lordship over our lives and are under his eternal judgment.
- ➢ We are redeemed by Jesus’ blood through faith.
- ➢ We are filled with and transformed by the Holy Spirit, given to us by the risen Jesus – all for the glory of our Heavenly Father.
- ➢ We are children of God and part of his eternal family.
We therefore value:
- A personal relationship with our Creator God as our heavenly Father (Romans 8:15)
- God’s Word, the Bible, as our ultimate authority and guide (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:16)
- Reading, explaining and meditating on the Bible as the basis of our lives and ministry (Joshua 1:8; Psalm 119:11; Hebrews 4:12)
- The centrality of the death and resurrection of Jesus in our proclamation and in our lives
- (1 Cor 15:1-4,12-23; Revelation 1:5)
- Prayerful dependence on the Holy Spirit for hearts to change, the power to speak and for spiritual gifts to love and serve the church (Isaiah 11:1-5; John 14:16; 1 Cor 12:1-11; Ephesians 6:18)
- Repentant hearts and renewal by God’s grace (Psalm 51; Isaiah 30:15; Ezekiel 36:24-28; Acts 3:19;
- Acts 26:19-20; Romans 12:2; Ephesians 4:22-24)
- Lives of holiness and humility that honour Jesus and model the gospel life (Micah 6:8; 2 Corinthians 7:1; Galatians 5:22-23; Philippians 2:5-8; Colossians 3:12; Hebrews 12:14)
- The community of God’s people – his church – being family together, and the opportunities we have to love, serve and encourage one another (Psalm 133:1; Romans 12:4-5; Galatians 6:2; Hebrews 10:24-25)
- An urgent love for people who, apart from faith in Jesus, face certain condemnation under the righteous judgment of God (Luke 19:10; John 3:16-17; Acts 26:17-18; Romans 10:14-15; 2 Cor 4:3-6; Hebrews 9:27-28)
- Flexibility and creativity to reach all the people in our town and region with the gospel (1 Cor 9:19-23)
- Partnerships between and among individuals, churches, Anglicare, care organizations and local schools (1 Cor 1:10; Ephesians 4:1-6; 1 John 1:7)
We want to be people who experience the reality of a daily relationship of intimacy with, and worship of, our God.
We want our congregational gatherings and Bible Study Groups to help everyone who is there to experience refreshment and joy, a sense of God’s presence, growth in understanding of God, be challenged to respond to God’s word and equipped and empowered to live for Jesus during the week.
Our Goals are:
- To experience joy when we meet together as a church family. This is not mere happiness or a nice feeling inside – but a deep sense of love, safety, forgiveness, purpose and significance in who we are in Christ.
- To experience a sense of God’s presence, to encounter the risen Jesus and be aware of his goodness and greatness in our lives and the lives of those around us.
- To experience growth in understanding the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, what it means for God to be our Father and the reality of the transforming power of the Holy Spirit in our lives.
- To be genuinely challenged to respond to the words of Scripture and the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- To be equipped and empowered to live for Jesus during the week. We want people to feel confident that our God goes with us into the week and that what we do together is relevant to how we live during the week.
We want to engage more deliberately with our neighbours, work colleagues and the people in our town and region and create opportunities for evangelism.
We want to mobilize more people to share Christ’s love in word and deed by supporting or participating in missions in and beyond Albion Park.
We want to strengthen our invitation, welcoming, and integration.
We want to encourage new initiatives in outreach from our church community and raise up and train people who have a heart for outreach.
Our Goals are:
- To establish a culture of welcoming, gospel sharing and equipping and discipling newcomers.
- To be more intentional in talking about our faith (to Christians and non-Christians).
- Small groups of Christians from APAC meeting in public places (cafes, clubs etc.)
- More people inviting a non-Christian friend, neighbour or workmate to a congregational gathering/church event or into their home for a meal.
- To be more intentional in following up those we have had contact with through Baptisms, Thanksgivings, Weddings, Funerals, and other church-related activities.
- To see an increase in the number of people at APAC doing the Perspectives Missions course.
- To see APAC members praying for, supporting and joining the India mission team.
- More of us involved in a local service, care, welfare, social action or justice group (e.g. CityServe Shellharbour).
- To see new people joining our congregational gatherings.
- To establish a culture where prayer is the foundation of every aspect of our Christian life - individually and corporately.
- Every member of APAC spending time in prayer, Bible reading, and reflection each day.
- Everyone having a strong and growing sense of belonging to the congregation.
- Good pastoral care of all those with specific needs.
- Good communication across congregations and age groups.
- People giving generously to the church’s ministries and mission.
- More people becoming involved in serving on a Sunday or during the week and more people joining Bible Study Groups.